Legendary Godzilla 2014 design revealed by Brazilian fan!(?)

All the latest news on Godzilla and his Toho Pals!
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

Legendary Godzilla 2014 design revealed by Brazilian fan!(?)

by GForever » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 pm

<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
Crimson_Raptor offline

Re: Legendary Godzilla 2014 design revealed by Brazilian fan

by Crimson_Raptor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 pm

Well, like I said before, I don't dig the Shinsei-inspired fangs halfway down the side, but the eyes, dorsal plates (I agree, very KiryuGoji-like), top of the jaw, and over-all body shape are spot on. I don't like the low jaw either. Why do we keep doing that to "Americanize" Godzilla? William Stout did it... http://www.kaijuphile.com/rodansroost/scrapyard/godzilla3d.shtml

Even Jeff Farley's Tristar '94 Godzilla (see below) had it too, but both Stan Winston's Amphib-ZIlla and Ricardo Delgado's Dino-Zilla didn't have it. I wonder if the bigger lower jaw has that "gruff" look Americans tend to like in our monsters, a la King Kong.

Godzilla has GILLS?! :shock: That has got to go. I understand in the original Godzilla film they described as an amphibian most, which is how Godzilla acts, sleeping in the sea, etcetera. And it is true that amphibians have very thin skin in order to breathe underwater, so with that logic Godzilla, is well, armored like a Crocodile and shouldn't be able to breathe through water like that. I just don't agree with gills. I'm kind of freaking out, because that's the kind of thing I'm afraid is going to torpedo the film. Too make matters worse, it is there in the leaked G-Encounter footage... https://www.gforever.net/bbs/topic?p=4954#p4954

"We killed Godzilla by shooting him in his weakest spot, his gills." Really?! :cry: I hope, "we don't get fooled again"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rp6-wG5LLqE#t=93
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
ashram52 offline

by ashram52 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:29 pm

The thing I noticed about the poster is that the image of Godzilla appears to be a painting, and not a photo. So it might not 100% represent what the final version of Godzilla will be. Just a thought. :wink:
Custom Godzilla Modeler.
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Wait, how are we sure about these being gills? Still looks like plating, to me.

I think the eyes are pretty expressive and interesting. This will be cool. They sort of tried to show that with GINO, but it didn't work at all.

I like the strong jaw on this one. It allows for a more muscular appearance. Godzilla will have a powerful bite. They sort of had it in GMK. I like a thick lower jaw as opposed to a mouth-flap.
But unlike GINO, they didn't go overboard. I think it's a great look.

Also happy to not see the elf-ears of the Heisei era on his head.
And it may not be the final one, but with it so close to what was shown at the encounter, I'd say it can't be far off.
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

by GForever » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:15 pm

I agree, it's very close to the design at the Encounter so most likely this is what we will be expecting. I hope it is not gills, could be just this angle. I kind of liked the elf ears (haha) but I could live with them missing.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0