new bandai superposable figures coming!!!!

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
Crimson_Raptor offline

Re: new bandai superposable figures coming!!!!

by Crimson_Raptor » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:11 pm

dustman wrote:i can't justify spending that much for a 6" figure

I agree too. Out the ones we know about so far:

Godzilla 90s
Godzilla Metldown
Mechagodzilla II
MOGUERA
Spacegodzilla

Godzilla 90's is the only that interests me. A second choice would be Mechagodzilla II though.

I'd also suggest if they're gonna do a remold like they did the Burning Godzilla, that it shouldve been saved for a 2nd Wave, because they're already showing that they are saving money yet they are going to charge what they believe to be the max amount people will pay for their product. It may be business, but they're gonna lose a lot of market share.

Besides, a Godzilla 90s would look better with translucent blue fins right?
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
atomiclizard offline

by atomiclizard » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi all,

I, for one have been waiting and waiting for these figures to be released. I have been collecting Marmit for a while but it's getting expensive and the figures I need are getting harder to find. When this was first posted I knew where I was going to direct my collecting. They are available for pre-order now on bigbadtoystore.com. At $78 for MG and $65 for G I can handle that as long as the quality is as good as they appear.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... onsterarts

They look great and apparently only the first wave includes accessories. So any reissues after the intial figures sell out will be minus the stands and atomic breath goodies (hopefully for less $$$) :mrgreen:
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 pm

atomiclizard wrote:I, for one have been waiting and waiting for these figures to be released. They look great and apparently only the first wave includes accessories.

You are not alone in your wait, AtomicLizard! I am also uber excited that BigBdToystore is offering these! Awesome find! They have always had great customer service with fast shipping and are usually very competitive in their pricing compared to other similar sites, like TemptingToys.

I can't really believe the $65 price tag, that is simply ridiculous! :eek: With Revoltech's figures at $20.99 to $27.99 (I still don't have any yet... :blush: ) I had hoped this figures by Bandai would be no more than $40 a piece.

The accessories, which are really amazing with all the 1989 Maser Tanks, 1992 Dual Maser Tanks, 1992 Maser Jets, and the tiny Mitsubishi F-2 Fighters Jets (known here as F-16 Falcons) , not to mention the all-powerful SuperX2!!!!! I am just torn between all that is provided and the amount of money to be paid for it. I may be able to justify it more if the turrets on all of the maser tanks are able to rotate 360 degrees. Maybe...

This does seal the fate on the Mechagodzilla II, $77 is way too much and so unless it comes down to have of that on a reissue, it'll never enter my collection. If this is any indication of MOGUERA, then its fate is sealed as well. I still yearn for the Spacegodzilla though. Only time and pricetag will tell. Any takers on a bet that he'll come with an assortment of translucent crystal spires? :cool:

Oh crap, lol looks like he will! Check out this link from ToyArk http://www.toyark.com/news/godzilla-toy ... ai-4368/?/

I nearly came to tears with joy when I saw the picture of the swimming Godzilla. Godzilla's tail should be more wavy like a crocodile, but other than that it was a near perfect picture of the King of the Monsters! My wife had to come over and see what was going on and why I was acting like a crazy fool, lol!
CreatureHuntGuy offline

by CreatureHuntGuy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:32 pm

MAN That's alot for a 6'' figure!! But, maybe worth it if the line continues. I hope for a much needed update to older Showa era characters like Anguiurs and Rodan and maybe Gorosaurus and Megalon!!
arigatou offline

by arigatou » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:42 am

70 - 90 yuan each will be another heavy blow, especially with all the X-Plus is the next monthly digital wallet.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:13 am

Certainly my want list is:

Godzilla (unless I find out they are making an '89 or '91 version, then I'll leave this 1st edition alone)
Fire Rodan '92
King Ghidorah '91 (Can't believe he topped the $100 mark. but looks certainly worth it!)

I am also Considering the Revoltech Anguirus '68, Gigan '72, and Baragon '65 (althought I want a GMK version).

We still need a newer Mothra, and hopefuly a Mechagodzilla '74!
godzilla1991 offline
Club Tokyo Username: godzilla1991

by godzilla1991 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:47 am

hi I'm new and have to say the godzilla is the only one I have and he is amazing. his articulation is limited but it is realalistic to the suit. Like @CrimsonRaptor said I would like to see my favorite suit the 89/91 suit.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:55 pm

godzilla1991 wrote:godzilla is the only one I have and ...his articulation is limited but it is realalistic to the suit. Like @CrimsonRaptor said I would like to see my favorite suit the 89/91 suit.

Hi Godzilla1991, and welcome to the forums. Do you hav e some pictures of your Godzilla figure? Maybe some closeups of the eyes? A front face view perhaps? I'm still undecided on the figure because of the way the eyes are painted, of all things.

This is what concerns me about getting the S.H. Monster Arts. They've made two Godzilla figures so far, one with a blue energy blast, and another in a very unmovie-like "Burning G" for Comic Con 2012. Now they say it's based off of the G1994 suit he had in Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla. However, with Fire Rodan, and now King Ghidorah released, I am very much wanting to beleive thata new Godzilla figure is being tooled. Preferably the '91 or my favorite, the BioGoji 89 suit!

I like me a Godzilla with a big long tail and big brown eyes, haha! Even my wife says that sounds far too suggestive. What can I say, when I think of Godzilla of this scene...

ImageImage

Certainly a very frightening Godzilla indeed. Biollante was always on the "Horror/Sci-Fi" shelves back in the video stores. Too bad we couldn't get a Godzilla like this in super posable form, then a remake of the original film could be made in stop motion fashion.... ooo...

ImageImage

Here's those big brown eyes we need on a G-89 Godzilla Figure. A face only a mother could love right, lol?