Hesei's House of Crazy

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
Hesei offline
Administrator

Hesei's House of Crazy

by Hesei » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh my god, it's clean! Quick, snap some pictures! This won't last long...

Bet you all thought I was dead, but I'm not so lucky. Busy with work, school, and this whole small business thing. I had some family come visit, so I had to cleanup at long last. Wonder how long I can keep this place so tidy?
Anyway, I had to clear out a lot of junk to make room for more! I finally found my GMS Ghidorah at the bottom of the very last boc in storage. I've been trying to find him for a year! There are a "few" other new additions, too. I think they'll be easy to spot ;)

And yeah, the theme is... mixed.

So, enjoy!

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

Re: Hesei's House - October, 2011

by GForever » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 am

Just wow.... The place is amazing! One of these days, I need to venture off to pay you a visit.

So you were finally able to get that Custom GMK bust from angrygnome? I remember it was a pain in the ass dealing with that dude some years ago.

So what's that MosuGoji 64 bust? That thing looks really neat. Is it custom made or from a kit?

<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it. At least now I have room for some of the new xplus stuff coming out.

As to angygnome, I actually got that just before everything blew up. He pissed off a lot of people, and I guess some went a bit far. That whole thing was a real disappointment. I wound up losing a little over 200 to him, too.
Guy had a lot of talent, but I guess he got in over his head. Whether he really did fall ill or not, he should have contacted folks about the delay. I don't think he planned to scam anyone, but thats the way it looked to most people, myself included. So the GMK bust, while awesome, still carries a lot of bad memories, so I set it where I wouldn't see it often.

As to the 64 bust, that's actually the Megahouse puppet! I got it off eBay a year or so ago for the lowest price I have ever seen one go for. I think it was only a bit over 200, but I'll have to check up on that.
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:57 am

Holy schmoley!!!! You're just ridiculous Heisei! So many amazing and cool things I just can't take it all in. I have to ask... are you married? If you are, she's the coolest woman in the freakin' world!

Anyway, good to be back around here and it's nice to finally see your stuff up and displayed like it should be. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:38 am

howze01 wrote:Holy schmoley!!!! You're just ridiculous Heisei! So many amazing and cool things I just can't take it all in. I have to ask... are you married? If you are, she's the coolest woman in the freakin' world!
Heh, no, not married. Single again, too. At the very least, Godzilla wasn't the reason,so that's good... right?

Recent email discussions went into Trendmasters's "illegal repton." This is what TM employees called the five-fingered Zilla prototypes. TM had to scrap them and remake the hands with four fingers.
I still don't understand it. None of the Japanese companies had to deal with it. The kits and statues, figures from Bandai, and the Real Heroes figure all had five fingers. I realize that there are different licensing agreements for each country, but really, what was the reason for this?

Anyway, I mentioned having the left hand from the suit for the 98 film (with five fingers) and was asked to show it. Rather than go through the BS of removing the GPS data from my phone's pictures, I figured I'd take full advantage of the new updates and post them here.

Enjoy!
Attachments

IMG_1329.JPG - (774.14 KiB) - Viewed 1638 times

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG - (786.33 KiB) - Viewed 1638 times

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG - (1012.06 KiB) - Viewed 1638 times

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG - (914.75 KiB) - Viewed 1638 times

IMG_1332.JPG
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:46 am

Here are some older, but better shots, and the tail because... why not?
And yeah, I posted three these before, but at least now they're on the board.
Attachments

DSC_0059.JPG - (646.12 KiB) - Viewed 1637 times

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG - (709.78 KiB) - Viewed 1637 times

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG - (981.54 KiB) - Viewed 1637 times

DSC_0082.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG - (774.36 KiB) - Viewed 1637 times

IMG_1333.JPG
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:07 am

More pics. This time, an unproduced Flying Destroyah resin. Scaled with the Power-up/Dino lines
Attachments

IMG_1335.JPG - (832.62 KiB) - Viewed 1634 times

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG - (776.58 KiB) - Viewed 1634 times

IMG_1334.JPG
Trendmasters offline
Club Tokyo Username: Trendmasters

by Trendmasters » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 pm

I really like the unpainted Flying Destroyah!! Nice one. BTW, now that I think of it, I doubt that the 5 fingered hand of the Godzilla from the '98 film was even used in the film?? I say this because SONY had a bird over the toys that TM mistakenly made with the 5 fingers, and threatened to pull the license if they were not corrected... TM used the name of "Repton", as a code name to dissuade nosy people from trying to get sneak peeks at the new Godzilla look, and any image possible to get the story on the latest G film..., at that time... TM secretly called it "The Illegal Repton", simply because it was a perfect 'code name' to throw people off, but also because apparently all these 5 fingered Movie Godzilla prototypes were ordered destroyed. Obviously that wasn't the case, or I wouldn't have the 7 full bodied prototypes that I do have in my collection. I also have this to show, which I find amusing because of the intensity at TM surrounding this mistaken issue of the extra digit on the hands:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36185771@N ... hotostream

I love these extra hand proto parts that I have. Anyways, I just can't see SONY using a Godzilla hand in the movie with 5 fingers, and then throwing such a fit around TM's Illegal Repton?? Makes no sense... So, I'm wondering if SONY originally goofed up themselves and made the Godzilla with 5 figures, and then caught their mistake, only AFTER TM made a bunch of these Illegal Reptons and then decided it all had to be changed.

I think this hand you have looks very bizarre for the Godzilla film anyways, but that may be because the nails have been removed, making it look more zombie like, then Godzilla like, not sure?? I just don't recall that Godzilla ever having 5 fingers in the movie, does anyone else??
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:25 pm

We continued this discussion elsewhere, but for the sake of consistency:

I've gone through my books and various videos and images. Zilla did have 4 fingers and a dewclaw. It is almost impossible to see in the movie, but is there and was on the suit and animatronics they had for the movie.

The tail and the hand are from one of the eight baby suits, so the dewclaw is more pronounced.

My theory on why Sony was upset was because the extra finger on the original Trendmasters Zilla was too pronounced - it was a distinct, independent digit. So I imagine that's why they were upset, though the idea of them losing the license over it still sounds far out to me, but apparently, that's what happened. Just unbelievable they were such dicks over a genuinely simple fix.

All this has me wanting to check the Zilla in Final Wars for the dewclaw, since they scanned in the Ultimate for the model. Alas, my server is still out of commission, and I'm too lazy to check the DVD.
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm still delaying pics of the house, but did decide to take a pic of the Trendmasters hall after re-organizing, today. I'm sorta gambling with that Supreme resin hanging off the shelf like that, but I like him there.
:biggergrin:
Attachments

TrendmastersHall.2012.12.16.jpg - (407.04 KiB) - Viewed 1527 times

TrendmastersHall.2012.12.16.jpg
Sachiel offline
Club Tokyo Username: sachiel

Re: Hesei's House of Crazy

by Sachiel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Hey Hesei. Just saw your collection and its amazing as usual. Seriously awesome. You have so many figures and rare memorabilia....its just mind boggling. Anywho curious to know but aside from the hand from the GINO suit is that long....really long tail also from the suit? Jesus....where did you get all this stuff? :mrgreen:
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Ha! I'll get a comparison of the hand for you, soon. Just ordered a new camera with my XMas gift cards :biggrin:

The tail is 6ft... dead on, I think. I got these from a prop collector in California. Just found a left metatarsal scrap I have, too. Forgot I had that! Tried getting in touch with the guy again for the feet, but no such luck. Still, the tail is a damn awesome piece. The guy built a foam insert that allows the tail to flex while still being very sturdy.
And these are from the baby suits, not sure if they're all from one or multiples, though. There were only six of the baby suits produced. The rest is all CD, I think. Don't believe there were any animatronic babies outside of the suits.
There was also one adult Zilla suit, but I couldn't tell you what scenes he's in if any.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 am

Do you have a closeup picture of the Supercharged Thundering Godzilla versus Biollante pick? Also, do you not own the Supercharged Raging Godzilla?
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Here ya go! Only have the KotM variant of the Supercharged Raging Godzilla, though.
Attachments

DSC_5597.JPG - (575.51 KiB) - Viewed 1446 times

DSC_5597.JPG

DSC_5600.JPG - (639.7 KiB) - Viewed 1446 times

DSC_5600.JPG
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Hesei wrote:... Only have the KotM variant of the Supercharged Raging Godzilla, though.

Ugh! How did I miss this response. Must have been back when the forum was changing over. :surprised:

That Supercharged Raging Godzilla is fantastic looking! It's like a smaller Power-Up Godzilla. I do love that long tail, haha! :lol: As I'm sure you won't part with yours, if you run across another, if only the card or the figure itself (green is good, but supercharged is preferred), could you keep me in mind, please? :blush:

I have the green, Thundering Godzilla, but I'd love a Supercharged Thundering Godzilla too!
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:08 am

Haha! No worries. I will look through my extra sets to see what I have. Don't get your hopes up, though!

I see them pop up on eBay for decent prices from time to time. I'll keep an eye out :wink: