Fun w/ MonsterArts

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
at543 offline

Re: Fun w/ MonsterArts

by at543 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I finally picked up a clear action stand to go with my figures. My figure posing skills could still use some improvement. Here's some photos of my progress...

Are there other action stands that anyone can recommend?
Crimson_Raptor offline

Re: Fun w/ MonsterArts

by Crimson_Raptor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Awesome posing of Spacegodzilla! I think for Godzilla, using the clamp on his back left leg, then the base of tail like you did, might clear the majority of the stand out of the frame. Might try the same from behind Spacegodzilla's feet to see if it'll take the majority of the stand away from the camera's view. Also, Spacegodzilla should be able to hold his Corona Beam in his mouth without the included stand. I dunno if I could be that brave with King Ghidorah though, very precarious. :surprised:

at543 wrote:... Are there other action stands that anyone can recommend?

These are still going to be your best bet until we can get some specific Monster stands.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AH6EVY

Check this out, while looking around for SHMA news (there isn't anything new) I ran across this picture of the San Diego Comic Con 2012 Explosion Godzilla:

And decided to mimic it, but accidentally created something even more unique in posing... eat your heart out, Tamashii Nations! Look ma, no supports!

I stood back and watched it for quite a while in stunned disbelief. And it sat on my table for about an hour before I even took a single picture. Absolutely incredible. I've only had him since October, but this figure just keeps surprising me with what it can do.

Even better yet, after fiddling with Fire Rodan's hips... that sounds bad... I was actually able to get him to stand up on his own power and without the tail or wings as a balancer. Take that SHMA Fire Rodan reviewers who said it couldn't!

Just another day in the life of Anguirus...

This is what happens when you leave Monster Island without Godzilla's permission.

The SHMA's Toho Weapons and Special Effects work so well in this scale with Revoltech Anguirus.

Now, Godzilla has to put Angy in a timeout, lol
Anguirus: "Hey Goji, buddy, lemme outta here!"

"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."