Varan's Collection

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
VaranMaster58 offline
Toho Kingdom Username: Varan58

Re: Varan's Collection

by VaranMaster58 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:54 pm

A little something random for you guys, this is what my collection looked like last February:

Yeah....
I've made a huge mistake.
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 am

Well, G-Fest is over and I retuned home with tons of stuff! My new figures are:

-Baragon 2001 (w/ tag)
-Candy Toy Battra*
-Chainsaw Gigan
-Godzilla 2000*
-Godzilla 2005 (w/ tag)*
-Godzilla vs. Megaguirus Blister Pack
-Gomess (w/ tag, signed by Kenji Sahara!)
-Gyaos 1967 (w/ tag, 6" release)
-Mechani-Kong
-M.O.G.U.E.R.A. (1998 release)
-Mothra 2001 (w/ tag)
-Mothra Larva 2003 (w/ tag)*
-Ultamite Monsters Godzilla 2004 [Clear Spikes]
-Xillien 2004 (w/ tag)

*= purchased from Ghido-Goji. :grin:

I also won to Maurasian (sp?) figures in the video game tournament. They're pretty cool, one is Godzilla and one is a submarine. Both are about 3" tall.

So yeah, G-Fest was a succsess for me this year. :mrgreen:
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Here they are, the pics of my collection after G-Fest!

Yeah, I couldn't fit the new figures in if I had them ordered chronologicly. Well, I tried, but it looked awful. Still, I like the new arrangement.
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Nice haul Varanmaster! I especially like the Mechanikong and Gyaos from the Memorial box. I love that memorial box set! I hope that I will be at GFest next year too. I really was hoping to go this year.

I really like the pic you posted of your collection last Feb. too. You have certainly come a long way from back then.

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
badwolf offline

by badwolf » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 pm

that is one nice haul. thumbs up!

(Sig by G-Forever)
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Not a huge update, but I got the 2005 repaint of SpaceGodzilla the other day.
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Lookie what I got the other day....

Heh, I can pretty much hear you guys yawning, what with your Marmit Zigras and Gigabrain Monster Xs. :wink: :cool:
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

by GForever » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:23 am

Cool, I always liked the Bandai G'74 fig. (It looks more like G'73 to me though. haha) What's up with your 6" Gigan? I know that one is one of the repaints but why are there black spots on his neck?
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:39 pm

I have always wondered that too. I think it's supposed to be dirt or something, but they're black instead of brown. It's just something that all of the 2002 repaints have, and it's really the only complaint I have with the figure, as the rest is very nice.
Ghido-Goji offline
Club Tokyo Username: Ghido-Goji

by Ghido-Goji » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:02 am

Congratulations on the new purchases, Jackson! It's also nice to see you back around the forums.

GForever wrote:What's up with your 6" Gigan? I know that one is one of the repaints but why are there black spots on his neck?

Just checked mine and it looks exactly like his, except not as prominent.
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 pm

^If I recall correctly, you have the Godzilla Island release. I had no idea that release had the spots too. :confused:

Anyway, I just got Gamera 1967 and Barugon (original releases), Gamera 1996 and the Movie Monster Series Fire Rodan. Even better, all but Gamera '67 have tags! :mrgreen:
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Got two of my figures in the mail today (leave it to dadzilla to get your package to you 48 hours after you ordered it). I must say, Movie Monster Fire Rodan's paint job is leaps and bounds better than the original 1998 release. And DAMN, Gamera never looked this good in Vinyl form. While the paint job alone is just perfect, it's the awesome pose that really makes this one of the best Bandai vinyls in my collection. Makes me want to pick up the Theater Exclusive Plasma version, hopefully at G-Fest next year (which reminds me, I should start getting a list together for G-Fest....).
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Some very cool additions for you Varan! I love my Bandai Gameras and the Plasma Theater exclusive is my favorite one (except for the custom from Kaiju Zoo). If you are going to look for one, I have 2 and have noticed some differences in them. Does anyone know if these are hand painted or not? One of them has much more red paint on it than the other one. I have been looking around and it seems like I have seen pictures of both. Does anyone know if they might be different or could it just be inconsistent production?

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
Ghido-Goji offline

by Ghido-Goji » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 pm

VaranMaster58 wrote:^If I recall correctly, you have the Godzilla Island release. I had no idea that release had the spots too. :confused:

Actually, it's the same figure as you have. After closer examination, my spots are just as dark as yours. I've never noticed that before.

By the way, maybe you told me, but who did you pick up the GMK Baragon from? I'm glad that you were able to get that.
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:31 am

I have no idea who the person was or what the booth was called, but I remember where it was in the dealer's room. It was on the far end of the circle (or square, I guess) in the middle of the dealer's room, parallel to the table you see when you first walk into the room. I also remember that it was covered in a black tablecloth.

Oh, and by the way, Gamera and Barugon arrived yesterday. Starting with Gamera, it's a nice early attempt from Bandai. For the price I paid, it was definitely worth it, although the lack of detail on the mouth is a little annoying. Also not a huge fan of the Frankenstein-like pose either. As for Barugon, all I can say is that it's clear that Bandai was not feeling lazy when putting this guy together. Each tooth is individually sculpted, and they even went to the trouble of making a detailed mouth and tounge. A nice little bonus is that you can have him in a near upright pose that makes it look like he's pouncing at Gamera, something that any Bandai Anguirus figure lacks.

I think my next purchase will be the 1996 Mothra Larva. :smile:
Ghido-Goji offline

by Ghido-Goji » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:57 am

Ohhh, sweet. The 1996 Mothra Larva is actually a very rare figure, or at least one that I don't see listed on eBay often. I remember a few years ago it was impossible to find. I actually had to bid on it and luckily I won. Imagine that - me bidding on something. It doesn't happen very often, I'll tell you that. :mrgreen:

Also glad to read that you'll be having two new figures coming soon!
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:41 pm

The figures actually arrived the other day....read the post above you. :wink:

Yeah, Tempting Toys has Mothra with the tag for only $30. I saw the figure at G-Fest and it looked to be in fine condition, although I'm not all that nitpicky when it comes to stuff like that. As long as no pieces are missing/broken off, I'm usually satisfied.
Ghido-Goji offline

by Ghido-Goji » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:02 am

VaranMaster58 wrote:The figures actually arrived the other day....read the post above you. :wink:

That's what I get for trying to read a forum past midnight. I should have been in bed, huh?

VaranMaster58 wrote:Yeah, Tempting Toys has Mothra with the tag for only $30. I saw the figure at G-Fest and it looked to be in fine condition, although I'm not all that nitpicky when it comes to stuff like that. As long as no pieces are missing/broken off, I'm usually satisfied.

To be completely honest (and I think I've told you this before), I'm not either when it comes to older figures. However, when we're talking about figures made in the last 10 years, I am extremely anal about condition.

$30 is a good price for the Mothra we're talking about. I remember mine only cost around $18. Speaking of Mothra, I can't believe Tempting Toys has the 1992 larva w/tag attached for only $80. That's a pretty good price, considering the fact that is one of the hardest to find Bandais with its original tag attached.
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:44 am

That brown G you have next to the TM walking Godzilla, is that a knockoff figure? One of those ones from Target or something? Always loved those figures, but didn't pick them up.
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Ultamite Monsters Gigan and Ebirah arrived today, and both are incredible. I gotta say though, I got REALLY pissed off trying to assemble these two. I'm not kidding it took me over an hour just to get Gigan's wings on. Seriously Bandai, why?

But who cares now, I finally got it to fit and it looks amazing.