Trendmasters

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

Trendmasters

by GForever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 pm

This thread has been created to post pics and info of the Trendmasters line. Hesei is a huge TM fan. Here is his recent purchase of the Ultra rare prototype Doom Island Destroyah w/ Mutation prototype, the Doom Island series Catalogue, the 10" Biollante, Doom Island Godzilla w/ Mutation prototype, and the Kaiyodo Space Godzilla used as a Prototype by Trendmasters.

Really neat pics!

Scaled down photos from the TM Doom Island Catalog:

<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

Re: Trendmasters

by GForever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Doom Island Megamutation Destoroyah Prototype
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 pm

Doom Island MegaMutation Godzilla Prototype

<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Kaiyodo Space Godzilla built & painted by TM. Used for TM pictures and reference for creating their mold.

<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 pm

10" Biollante

<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 pm

THere are not many words to describe how awesome so much of that stuff is. That 10" Biollante is so cool. Of everything there, I would like to get that someday the most. Now I don't feel so good about my 6" Megalon, Varan & Baragon.

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
KaijuZoo offline
Club Tokyo Username: kaijuzoo

by KaijuZoo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Everyone - Jonee of KaijuZoo here - long time listener, first time posting !! :smile:

I knew that Hesei is a huge Trendmaster fan as he bought one of my Doom Island vs. the Dinos sets a few years ago and also commissioned the KaijuZoo/Bandai/Trendmaster Space Godzilla. I even knew he won that Destroyah prototype auction... but all these other things, I am totally amazed, stuff I have never seen!!

That catalog is so gorgeous!! Near the end, it appears that TM was on the verge of going big time with more really classy figures with the Doom Island releases ... and then they went belly up. Too bad as some really nice stuff was starting to come out.
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005

howze01 offline

by howze01 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Hiya Jonee! Glad to see you here.

THat catalog is pretty crazy. Can someone tell me or maybe we can check with Hesei what that awesome green Godzilla is on the page that says 105 and if it was ever made? That thing is awesome!

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
GForever offline

by GForever » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:42 am

Welcome Kaijuzoo. I believe we still have a few more pages from the catalog. We got lots of stuff to show but just not enough time. Regarding that Green Godzilla from page 105, that is the new G-mold for Doom Island series. I've seen pictures of it before but never the actual figure. I assume it is out there but with a very limited quantity. The Armored Up Anguirus & Kumonga has appeared from in shows, websites, and ebay from time to time. The Mutation Destroyah and the Godzilla prototypes exist with Hesei's pics as proof so I'm sure that Doom Island G is out there somewhere. Whoever has it, we hope he or she will one day share pictures of the actual product.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline

by howze01 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 am

Well, here's to hoping that it is actually out there somewhere. The head is a bit on the small side but the rest of that figure is awesome. That extra long tail is the best part.

GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Was someone looking for the Green Megamutation Doom Island Godzilla?

From our TM fan, "It's a resin cast that was painted as a mockup. I think he is between 12 and 18" or something. There also might be 6" and 4" versions. Too bad he never made it to market. He really was one of the best. "

Hesei has some other TM prototype figs up on our testing site. The collection database and gallery should be returning soon hopefully. We're trying to implement some neat javascript features but running into some bugs. We'll try to work out the bugs as time allows.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline

by howze01 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 pm

That's just not right. That has to be the coolest TM figure I have seen yet. Are there any other pictures of it or are you waiting to get the rest of the site going before they are put in there? Hmmm, today is my birthday, maybe I will be getting a box in the mail from Heisei :mrgreen: .

GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Happy Bday buddy! Hope you get some nice Goji-Treats in the mail! Unfortunately Hesei doesn't have any more pics of this guy as all his doom island stuff is now packed away. We have some pics of the unpainted Megamutation Godzilla with like the stomach missile and claw shoulders as well as some GINO & the toon prototype figs. I can't wait to see the Mecha-GINO fig. Although I didn't like GINO, Mecha-GINO looked pretty cool.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline

by howze01 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 am

Thanks Gforever! That Mecha-Gino sounds awesome to me too. I never really got into the animated series that much though. I really hope that there are some 4-6" figures of that Megamutations G out there like Heisei said. That has replaced Biollante as the TM figure I HAVE to find.

KaijuZoo offline
Club Tokyo Username: kaijuzoo

by KaijuZoo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:41 am

howze01 wrote:Hmmm, today is my birthday, maybe I will be getting a box in the mail from Heisei :mrgreen: .

And Happy Birthday from me too! You should also be getting a big ol' box today from me as well, ENJOY!!

As for that Space Godzilla paint job, wow!! :eek: That's really gorgeous!! Even though my Bandai Creation version I did for Hesei came out quite nice, I'm going to have to paint up one of the TM 10" versions in that early paint scheme.
Jonee
KaijuZoo Toys - Where the Monsters Live
http://www.kaijuzoo.com
KaijuZoo Gallery Slideshow
G-Fan "Dealer of the Month" - Summer 2005

howze01 offline

by howze01 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:50 am

[quote="KaijuZoo]And Happy Birthday from me too! You should also be getting a big ol' box today from me as well, ENJOY!!

I'm going to have to paint up one of the TM 10" versions in that early paint scheme. [/quote]

Big ol' box recieved, and appropriatly gushing email sent to you. I will post some pics in a bit. Thanks for the lil' extra something too!

Where do I sign up for that TM Space Godzilla you mentioned? That would be awesome! Have any spare 10" Space G's laying around?

Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm

badwolf offline

by badwolf » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:27 am

wow Trendmasters Destroyah. i would have loved to have that~

(Sig by G-Forever)
howze01 offline

by howze01 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:39 pm

WOW!! Hesei actually exists!! I was starting to think that you were a myth!! Just kidding.

Wouldn't you know it. ABiollante comes up for bid and I don't have the $$ to get it. I am sure that I will be able to find one eventually. I really can't read any of the pages that you posted since I don't have the translator. Is the Megalon the 6" version with the press button sound? Thankfully I have that one. What is special about the G figures? They lok like regular 6" ones too.

I can't wait to see the gallery either :grin:.

Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:38 pm

howze01 wrote:WOW!! Hesei actually exists!! I was starting to think that you were a myth!! Just kidding.

Wouldn't you know it. ABiollante comes up for bid and I don't have the $$ to get it. I am sure that I will be able to find one eventually. I really can't read any of the pages that you posted since I don't have the translator. Is the Megalon the 6" version with the press button sound? Thankfully I have that one. What is special about the G figures? They lok like regular 6" ones too.

I can't wait to see the gallery either :grin:.

I was worried, too...

The Megalon does not have sound. As far as I know, the only figures in the Doom Island line with sound were the 10"alternates. So repainted 10" electronic figures. Not sure if the large Mega Mutations were ever going to have it. I might be able to find that out. But like all the other 6" figures, the Doom Islands were all from the same molds as the electronic versions. So they all have the speaker holes and buttons.

And the little Godzillas are the Doom Island variants. Different paint schemes, is all. The only released Doom Island 6" figures are Godzilla, Supercharged Godzilla, Spacegodzilla, Megalon, Varan, and Baragon. I haven't seen any prototypes of others, but who knows? I think a 6" Kamakiras was in the works, but I'm not certain if it was the 4" or 6" or something else.

And the gallery is looking great. We'll be doing another test shot soon, so keep hounding me!