Trendmasters

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
Hesei offline
Administrator

Re: Trendmasters

by Hesei » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Ah! Didn't really make any of that clear!

When I said things were scaled up, I was referring to the Classic Godzilla lines - King of the Monsters and Godzilla Wars. If you remember, those older sets were pretty tiny. There was very little detail in the monsters.

The reason these are hunched over is because of the rights issues. They took their designs and re-tooled them to be lower in height, but still large. So they bypassed any legal issues pretty easily. And the new poses sorta made these the most dynamic of the released figures.
Trendmasters offline
Club Tokyo Username: Trendmasters

by Trendmasters » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 pm

This is the real official story, verbatim, on those mini Micro-Playset Zilla figures directly from the TM office:

"That little Godzilla figure was from a micro-playset. We did some of the old style godzilla heads... but when the movie came out we did a version based on that. The case was the newer godzilla head, playset was attacking New York, and we needed a new little Godzilla movie figure and that was it. Those were prototypes, but the set was mass produced... Interesting thing about the figure is that Mattel had some license at the time which stated we could'nt make the figure any higher than 15 mm's or so ( toy license's get chopped pretty thin sometimes), so instead of making ours too small, we leaned him way over almost on all fours... cheating a little...so he was the same size as whatever Mattel was putting out, just leaning over so not to go over 15 mm. We would have the same BS with ToyBiz and Toy Island sometimes..."

I love that story~
Last edited by Trendmasters on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks for posting that. Glad you could clarify it. That is a cool story.

Got some new Zilla resins in the other day. Here are the Supreme and Living resins. Nice to finally see the Supreme standing correctly :lol:
Put that unpainted Supreme in just for comparison.
Attachments

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 01.JPG - (101.57 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 01.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 02.JPG - (97.15 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 02.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 03.JPG - (65.94 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 03.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 04.JPG - (62.87 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 04.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 05.JPG - (62.29 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 05.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 06.JPG - (62.14 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 06.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 07.JPG - (65.06 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 07.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 08.JPG - (85.49 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 08.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 09.JPG - (77.33 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 09.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 10.JPG - (83.41 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 10.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 11.JPG - (108.79 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 11.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 12.JPG - (53.26 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 12.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 13.JPG - (63.3 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 13.JPG

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 14.JPG - (61.86 KiB) - Viewed 1793 times

Trendmasers Zilla Resins - gforever.net - 14.JPG
btby1000 offline

by btby1000 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 pm

There is a prototype of the living godzilla on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-Movie- ... 2c6857ed35
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks for posting that. I should have done so a long time ago. I'm skipping on that one, but I would highly recommend it. Great figure and a great seller. He'll pack it well and get it shipped out, quickly!
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:42 pm

I've been slow on updates all around, so I'll just attach these for now.

Started taking new pictures, and they've been coming out rather nicely.
Attachments

supreme_zilla_resin.jpg - (137.06 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

supreme_zilla_resin.jpg

supreme_zilla-resin-behind.jpg - (154.83 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

supreme_zilla-resin-behind.jpg

ultimate_zilla-resin-full.jpg - (112.05 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

ultimate_zilla-resin-full.jpg

ultimate_zilla-resin-close-up.jpg - (153.76 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

ultimate_zilla-resin-close-up.jpg

ultimate_zilla-resin-close-up-front.jpg - (140.27 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

ultimate_zilla-resin-close-up-front.jpg

cyber_zilla_resin-full.jpg - (140.69 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

cyber_zilla_resin-full.jpg

cyber_zilla_resin.jpg - (145.4 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

cyber_zilla_resin.jpg

cyber_zilla_resin-side.jpg - (167.12 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

cyber_zilla_resin-side.jpg

doom_island_godzilla_resin.jpg - (173.41 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

doom_island_godzilla_resin.jpg

doom_island_godzilla_resin-side.jpg - (102.14 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

doom_island_godzilla_resin-side.jpg

mega_mutation_destroyah_6in.jpg - (106.82 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

mega_mutation_destroyah_6in.jpg

mega_mutation_destroyah_12in.jpg - (94.8 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

mega_mutation_destroyah_12in.jpg

destroyah-proto-collection.jpg - (493.93 KiB) - Viewed 1754 times

destroyah-proto-collection.jpg
Posting again, cause.... just because!

spacegodzilla_concept_paint_by_trendmasters_full.jpg - (259.5 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

spacegodzilla_concept_paint_by_trendmasters_full.jpg

spacegodzilla_concept_paint_by_trendmasters.jpg - (127.63 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

spacegodzilla_concept_paint_by_trendmasters.jpg

spacegodzilla_conept_paint_by_trendmasters-closeup.jpg - (155.23 KiB) - Viewed 1753 times

spacegodzilla_conept_paint_by_trendmasters-closeup.jpg
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Nice shots!! BTW, is the left eye of the Cyber RESIN fully painted yellow, because your photos makes it look like only part of it is...?? Is it the lighting or is it chipped??
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Sorry for the delay. I had intended to take more pics, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

The eyes are interesting. They appear to be open, save for the pupil - I never thought about how ironic that convention was until now. The left one seems to have been pressed in a bit, so that's why it appears odd. Rather interesting. I wonder if they toyed with the idea of light-up eyes. But then, why not just use a clear plastic? I guess these were either cut-out or the whole eye was cut, and these were added back. Pretty neat.
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 pm

They toyed with the idea of translucent fins that were supposed to light up. Now how cool would that have been if the entire spine of fins lit up and turned a neon light blue??

Well, your Cyber is RESIN and mine are plastic, so the eyes on mine are attached to the head. But yours sound like they were separated?? Interesting, but if not for a light up accessory, what else then?? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the intention, or one of the ideas to go with, seeing they did that with the classic Godzilla figures.
btby1000 offline

by btby1000 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Yes. Just a completely different re-paint as a marketing scheme to try to bring in more money. No surprise. There was a few different Godzilla Movie lines planned, and this one fell into one of those categories. I have a couple of prototypes one from the apparently second series, which never happened and another from a different series, which also didn't happen. Too bad really, because the figures for these other series were actually far far better then what went into production. Seems to be typical for TRENDMASTERS though, and that's really too bad. Personally, I find this "Lava" color a very odd choice, judging from some of the proposed cooler prototypes I have and have seen pics of. Not sure why they chose this Lava tone and not a lime green tone or full metallic silver to really make a mark?? These re-paints were made for only 3 of the Godzilla Movie figures: The Fang Bite, Shatter Tail and the Combat Claw. I have the Shatter Tail version in this color because I have a number of prototypes of the Shatter Tail figure, and wanted the re-paint to add to the Family~

These were only ever available in Asia, and never hit the North American market, and nobody seems to know for sure if they were ever even released over there either. Somehow, I just don't think so.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:23 am

Hesei wrote:Started taking new pictures

Wow! That Doom Island Godzilla Resin looks incredible. How'd you'd end up getting one and for how much if you don't mind me asking? That's in a 4inch versus pack style right?

Is that somekind of glue or adhesive gum inbetween the arms and body?

The dorsal plates look very high for Trendmasters figure no less. Do you have a side and backside angle shots?

______

I still smile when I see a Trendmasters SpaceGodzilla. I really don't understand why some people don't like it. I say it's a far superior paint scheme when you compare to the dull and bland actual film colors.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 am

Hey CrimsonR, here's Hesei's RESIN G next to my plastic production one of the same Doom Island figure. Mine has working electronics too, with the classic Godzilla roar. This is without a doubt the rarest of the Doom Island figures and a marvelous sculpt all around, with the thick neck and extra long tail... Sadly, they changed the sculpt of it on both mine and Hesei's figure, compared to the original sculpt of the amazing TM Catalog RESIN. The tail had been completely redone and they changed the twist in the torso and length of the neck?? Not sure why they did that, apart from the fact that China decided that all of that great scale detail would get caught in the roto mold and so the thing got all changed around. Same with the shorter, less bendy tail. I don't think it was Toho driving those changes. It was most likely China looking to make the item something they could produce with fewer headaches and less scrap, as I was told from the TM personnel. Sad but true.
Attachments

TM Godzilla Doom Island Thick Neck RESIN VS Plastic Proto.jpg - (259.66 KiB) - Viewed 1706 times

TM Godzilla Doom Island Thick Neck RESIN VS Plastic Proto.jpg

TM Godzilla Doom Island Thick Neck RESIN VS Plastic Proto2.jpg - (475.88 KiB) - Viewed 1706 times

TM Godzilla Doom Island Thick Neck RESIN VS Plastic Proto2.jpg

TM Doom G1.jpg - (142.46 KiB) - Viewed 1706 times

TM Doom G1.jpg
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

CrimsonRaptor wrote:Wow! That Doom Island Godzilla Resin looks incredible. How'd you'd end up getting one and for how much if you don't mind me asking? That's in a 4inch versus pack style right?

Is that somekind of glue or adhesive gum inbetween the arms and body?

The dorsal plates look very high for Trendmasters figure no less. Do you have a side and backside angle shots?
I wrote you a long reply last night, but when I tried to post it, I realized my updates had broken the forum! And since the current presidential debate has been a dud so far (big surprise), here we go, again!
He's actually in the scale of the standard 6" action figures - the ones sold on cards or those in the open "Try Me" boxes. So he's about as tall at that Godzilla.
As to where, this one is from an old Trendmasters employee that I talked into selling. And by "talked into," I mean begged. For an amount, I'm gonna be vague. I'll just say that it could have been a few X-Plus figures, instead.

CrimsonRaptor wrote:I still smile when I see a Trendmasters SpaceGodzilla. I really don't understand why some people don't like it. I say it's a far superior paint scheme when you compare to the dull and bland actual film colors.
Completely agree. The Trendmasters Spacegodzilla is still my favorite. Great size, great paint, and a great sound! Overall, he's a better monster than the one in the damn movie.
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Another angle of the Twisted Godzilla...
Attachments

DSC_4281.jpg - (96.87 KiB) - Viewed 1665 times

DSC_4281.jpg
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

And another comparison shot of the RESIN & Plastic Protos together...
Attachments

TM Doom Island Thick Neck Godzilla RESIN & Plastic Proto Comparison.jpg - (151.46 KiB) - Viewed 1664 times

TM Doom Island Thick Neck Godzilla RESIN & Plastic Proto Comparison.jpg
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm

I know this is a Godzilla Forum, but since this post is about TM I wanted to show this photo as someone here had asked to see my TM Prototype Collection, so I decided to take this shot, which actually only shows 'part' of my TM protos. I have more on the opposite wall. But everything in the glass cases are just prototypes made by TRENDMASTERS, and a number of them are the more fragile RESIN pieces... and there is quite a number of Godzilla protos there, seeing that that is all I collect, are the prototypes and more of the unreleased ones. Well, just about everything on top of the cases are also prototypes, as so are the figures on the left shelf unit, and on the shelf to right of the glass cases as well...
Attachments

TM Proto Collection.jpg - (843.95 KiB) - Viewed 1659 times

TM Proto Collection.jpg
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:07 am

Hesei wrote:He's actually in the scale of the standard 6" action figures... this one is from an old Trendmasters employee that I talked into selling... For an amount.. I'll just say that it could have been a few X-Plus figures, instead.

Holy enchilada! It is an amzing figure though. I will say I'm a sucker for a Godzilla with a long tail ( :geek: ) however, I just can't keep my eyes off those dorsal plates. The bright silver shean ( correct spelling? ) reminds of the 1974 Godzilla that battle Mechagodzilla.

I just don't get the green. They had it right with the supercharged. They should have stuck characol gray, or at the very least black.

Hesei wrote:Completely agree. The Trendmasters Spacegodzilla is... better... than the one in the damn movie.

I will say though, the SH Monster Arts Spacegodzilla appears to be the figure of them all though. I just wish someone would do a good Trendmasters style paint application.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 pm

I don't really get the push for green either. All I can think is that it was following the general image of Godzilla. Not the actual one, but one the greater public understood to be Godzilla. Though, I actually like the green in the Doom Island line. It's bright and differentiates G very well. This would look good in black, though. The Supercharged Doom Island scheme looked great.

I agree about the SH Arts SpaceG being best. I'd love to see the Trendmasters paint scheme (based off the art poster) on an SH Arts SpaceG.
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 pm

I actually like the green in the Doom Island line. It's bright and differentiates G very well.

You think this G is bright?? Hmmm..., I guess we're not looking at the same Doom Island figure because my Doom Island G is quite a dark green and is darker then the colors on my plastic thick neck, long tailed / twisted G... I think a much brighter green would have made a better mark, like the Emerald RESIN I proto I have. Now THAT G is bright, although not the classic G, but for a Zilla, it's the coolest and most out there paint scheme TM ever did and of course never released.