Trendmasters

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
CreatureHuntGuy offline

Re: Trendmasters

by CreatureHuntGuy » Wed May 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Dude, thanks for the link!
Oh what might have been!!
It was such an awesome show too!
Or at least in my opinion :)
Trendmasters offline
Club Tokyo Username: Trendmasters

by Trendmasters » Thu May 17, 2012 10:39 am

You're welcome!! I like people to see my toy prototypes, especially if they never knew they were planned for a release, but cancelled along the way... I always think if the GtS toy line had been released, there would have been a lot less negativity floating around about TRENDMASTERS, but that's just my opinion... And yeah, I really enjoyed the show as well... way better then the movie, that's for sure!!

Hopefully, you also had a chance to check out my G toys in my Flickr photostream??
CreatureHuntGuy offline

by CreatureHuntGuy » Thu May 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah i did. especially dig those doom island figs!
When you say "unreleased" what do you mean?
Are there none in existence, or are there some out there for someone to find someday?
I saw on ebay each of those being sold in package for like $43.
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm

The wording of 'Unreleased', depends on each particular figure. The Doom Island figures in the packages are still available from a seller in Taiwan on eBay right now, if I am not mistaken. All the Doom Island line was never released in North America. Pretty much only in Asia, and for a short time on the TRENDMASTERS website.

If I remember correctly, I think I mentioned this in the item descriptions for each?? If it's a Doom Island PROTOTYPE, then those are a completely different story, and are extremely tough to find, as there was most likely only 12 or less made of each figure. If it's a figure that is completely finished and with working electronics, and a painted model, most likely LESS then 12 exist. Trust me, it's maddening trying to find these... And it's usually just luck of the draw, if you ever do...
CreatureHuntGuy offline

by CreatureHuntGuy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:26 am

OH ok....
I probably would never be that lucky to find an actual prototype figure, cool as they are, and if I did the pricing would be way out of my league. /:
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 am

And BINGO was his name~

You got that right CHG!!
Godzilla91 offline

by Godzilla91 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Heisei you have left me utterly speechless with those pics!!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting them! Where can i find the magazine that had those???
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Mon May 21, 2012 1:49 am

Those TM Doom Island & Gamera pics are in issue # 38 of Tomarts Action Figure Digest, here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=act ... 7C65%253A3
Godzilla91 offline

by Godzilla91 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks!

There is nothing more I would love to have then that Mega Mutation Godzilla!
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am

Here's my 2 MegaMutation G's: 6" & 11"
Attachments

MegaMutation Godzilla's.jpg - (95.41 KiB) - Viewed 1348 times

MegaMutation Godzilla's.jpg
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

by GForever » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Awesome pic! Looks really professional with the picture divider and the Doom Island Logo. If only Trendmasters can be revived to continue doing their Godzilla line.....
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Thankx!! Be sure and check it out MUCH BIGGER though... looks way better here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36185771@N ... /lightbox/

Actually GForever, may I suggest you have another look at my Flickr G pages, as there is some updated ones that I am pretty sure you haven't seen before. The Godzilla photos begin at the bottom of this first page and proceed for the following 5 pages I think:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36185771@N06/

I take pride in shooting my photos as best I can, and when necessary, to match the way they appear in the TRENDMASTERS catalogs~
Godzilla91 offline

by Godzilla91 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:31 am

They look beautiful TM!!! So am i to understand there were going to be 2 Mega Mutation Godzillas? One 6 inch that was the size of the Power Up monsters and the Vs. Dinos ones? Then a 10 inch one to go with the other 10in electronic figures?
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 am

Yes, there was 2 sizes for both the MegaMute Godzilla & Destroyah in 6" & 11" size, but the 6" one is actually smaller then the Godzilla figure that came with the Dino set. You can see all of mine MegaMutes together here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36185771@N ... /lightbox/

I don't own any of the 10" electronic figures or those Power Up figures (except for the Doom Island Kumonga), but from what I have seen in pics, I think the 11" MegaMutes just might be a little bigger?? The tail I'm pretty sure is, so it may be safe to say, the rest may follow...??
Motumoyo offline

by Motumoyo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:07 am

The head is a small position, but the rest of this figure is awesome. The extra long tail, is the best part.
You’ll never know that a bottle of water can also become a change point of Women leather shoes, those things are so difficult to clean Women pumps shoes, just keep cleaning!
Trendmasters offline

by Trendmasters » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 am

The head is definitely NOT small for this figure, so I am not sure what you mean by "the head is a small position"... ??
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 pm

This thread has been stagnant for a while. I have some things that might bring it back.

Recently picked up the Trendmasters micro playset resins for the 98 movie. These are fully painted test pieces. Unfortunately, these are just the two standard sets. There were a couple things that weren't released, but notthing like the stadium or baby Zillas.

The Zilla sets were very different from the original sets. The head is no longer hinged, there are no environments, and everything was scaled up. The Zillas were originally sculpted upright, but another company had the rights to figures in some 2-3" scale. So they got around that by posing the figures so they were under 2" high. I heard something about another weird rights issue, and that's why these were articulated.

I've jabbered on long enough. Let's get to the pictures. I'm gonna be stingy with them, as I want to fully capture their beaty. So here's a little taste for you :mrgreen:
Attachments

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-heads-compare2.jpg - (56.82 KiB) - Viewed 1302 times

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-heads-compare2.jpg

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-head.jpg - (63.57 KiB) - Viewed 1302 times

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-head.jpg
Resin Zilla micro playset head

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-zilla98-2.jpg - (70.42 KiB) - Viewed 1302 times

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-zilla98-2.jpg
These are tiny figures. A few mistakes are okay...

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-zilla98-22.jpg - (41.98 KiB) - Viewed 1302 times

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-zilla98-22.jpg
Brooklyn Bridge Zilla

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playset-zilla98.jpg - (34.61 KiB) - Viewed 1302 times

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playset-zilla98.jpg
My favorite of the lot. A gorgeous figure. I love the detail and colors.

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-heads-compare.jpg - (121.07 KiB) - Viewed 1302 times

gforever.net-trendmasters-godzilla-prototype-micro-playsets-heads-compare.jpg
Resin proto on the left. Sculpt is completely different from the final release.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:21 am

Those are cool Hesei! Odd that a brownish color makes Zilla seem more natural than a shiny silver sheen. :eek:

You said those figures are bigger than the final? Will you be able to take a comparision shot?

I have both the Trendmasters Zilla mini-figure and the Bandai Gashapon Zilla, and I have to say the Trendmasters, not only is it more accurate (Bandai put a metal jaw on theirs and made him blue), but it seems more in scale with other Godzilla figures (personally the G1989 version).
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Yeah, he comes off much nicer. There actually are some cool looking metallic paint schemes TM had that look great, but the one they went with for release doesn't cut it.

I'll try to get better comparison shots, soon. The ones I have now didn't turn out well.

Did I say they were bigger? Oops. Sorry. The figures are tecnically a bit larger, but the proto head I have is smaller. I don't have any resins of the final head, which wound up being larger than the one here. That's what I was trying to get at... I think.

I keep losing auctions for the Brooklyn Bridge set, and I don't believe I ever grabbed the Gashapon one. I have the Bandai Hyper Zilla and the American Heroes figures, though. The Heroes is much better than Bandai's. I'd actually really like to see more Zilla stuff that takes liberties. Like this: http://www.tsfacto.ne.jp/MoreInfoWebPag ... 200603.htm
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:19 am

Hesei wrote:Did I say they were bigger?

You mentioned....

Hesei wrote:The Zilla sets were very different from the original sets.... everything was scaled up. The Zillas were originally sculpted upright.....

:cool:

And yours are posed differently.
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."