GForever's Collection

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
Hesei offline
Administrator

Re: GForever's Collection

by Hesei » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:38 pm

What do you mean? Is this a temporary or permanent thing? What are you trying to seal up? Drop cloth is fine best for projects, but if you want something permanent, go plexi. SOrry, just not sure where this is coming from, and what you're trying to do.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:28 am

To cover the front of the book shelves like GForever has, in order to precent dust. :geek:
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:19 pm

But like, while you're working on a project, or permanently?

Project, that's fin. Otherwise, get some plexi or glass. But you're not going to get it sealed off. The glass will definitely slow the onslought of dust, but it won't stop it.

If you want a seal, you'll need to make a frame if you want to hide the seals well.

And if you still want to try the soft approach, look for clear vinyl at a crafts store.
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 pm

No not perm, lol. Mainly for display. The dropcloth was meant as a stop gap measure until a better solution was found.

Right now I have all of my Gashapons under the clear covers for Aluminum Roasting pans I got for a dollar each at Kmart (of all places). The dollar stores didn't have any deep enough. Not sure what to do with the actual Roasting pans. Maybe a good tray for custom figure making, haha.

These covers, however, will not work for larger figures of course. King Ghidorah (showa just barely makes it with the wings pressed down by 2 milimeters. Battra will not fit while on the flight stand.

Would Lowe's or Home Depot carry Plexiglass? Has anyone tried this before? usually people by display shelves with this already built into it with the frames and all that.
Trendmasters offline
Club Tokyo Username: Trendmasters

by Trendmasters » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Even with a hinged door, dust will get in. Not as badly or as quick like everything out in the open with no protection, but dust does find it's way inside the cabinets or thru the plexiglass. I have this problem with some of my glass cabinets with my stuff on display. I don't have to dust inside of them as often as the open stuff, but man, the dust does get in there, blah....

Seems kind of odd and gross that dust is primarily human skin, don't you think...??
Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:50 am

Trendmasters wrote:Seems kind of odd and gross that dust is primarily human skin, don't you think...??

Yes, it is dead human skin and carpet fibers for the most part. You see, when I got married, she came with two cats (which apparently live for 20 years!!! :eek: ). Thus, anything to reduce the amount of dust is very helpful.

The clear plastic roasting pan covers seem to be keeping a lot of dust at the moment. Especially when you compare it to the shelf around it with a normal layer of dust.
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

by GForever » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks to Hesei a few months back, I my childhood hunt for the Trendmasters Biollante is finally complete! I remember seeing the 10" figure in a ToysRus magazine but can not find her in stores anywhere!

And for other great news, I was able to dig out my old 10" and Armored up Trendmasters collection which has been in storage for over 10 years I'd say.... It's so nice to finally see them again especially allowing the 10" Biollante to finally meet her long lost family.

I still have a few more TM stuff tucked away in my old room though access to them is near impossible due to my parent's hording habits... I'll try to get to dig my way in the spring/summer and rescue them to bring to my new house then.

Most of my Japanese Ultraman and Kamen Rider collection has migrates to my new home as well. Still got the USA Ultraman toys, the Marmit Iron Joe Godzilla figs, posters, and some smaller High Grade G stuff at my old house.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:21 am

Some stuff I got this month

MonsterArts Destoroyah

MonsterArts line up so far (oops forgot to include Meltdown G)

X-Plus Internet Exclusive Rodan'64 w/ Mothra Larva'64

X-Plus Godzilla'62 & ToysRus Bandai hunt
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Pacific Rim Mecha-Day! (Mostly Revoltech Zone of the Enders but got a Transformer's Nissan GT-R, Chogokin '74 Chrome Mecha-Godzilla & Chogokin Kiryu 2003, MonsterArts: Super Mecha-Godzilla & Moguera)

ImageImage
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 pm

New 25cm X-Plus 1975 battle: Godzilla & Mecha-Godzilla 2

New X-Plus 30cm Godzilla'84 & Godzilla'04 Size Comparison

X-plus G'84 Web Exclusive: Sea Louse - one of the scariest creatures I've seen!

All X-Plus 30cm Godzillas to date
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Now for my updated photos of my Godzilla house!

Godzilla Chirashi (mini poster) wall has now migrated to my new house and up in my office room. (Bedroom# 2 of 5)

Bedroom 2 closet

This is the family room with a fireplace and walk out to the deck. Changed it to a office 2 & piano room. ???

Living Room / Dinning Room (nothing in the kitchen yet, just a Destoroyah Wallscroll under the skylight. LOL

Some of the collection made it to the Master Bedroom (Bedroom #1), even the Master Bathroom (Bathroom #2). LOL
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Good god damn, dude! Nice pics! You really need to get an entertainment center, though, lol!

Love your wall of X-Plus boxes over the desk. I miss my own. Just in case you want some extra space, Lowes has deeper bracketless shelves that work great for X-Plus boxes. That's how I have them sitting high on my wall behind my own entertainment center. If you get a level and ruler, I think you could fill that wall with those shelves and get some weight off of the boxes at the bottom. Also clear some space on your desk.

Loving the Trendmasters shelf, by the way :wink:
VaranMaster58 offline
Toho Kingdom Username: Varan58

by VaranMaster58 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Man, I think those X-Plus shelves alone are worth more than my entire collection. :lol:

Seriously, this is one hell of a collection. How long has it been in the making?
I've made a huge mistake.
GForever offline

by GForever » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Hesei wrote:You really need to get an entertainment center, though, lol! Just in case you want some extra space, Lowes has deeper bracketless shelves that work great for X-Plus boxes. Loving the Trendmasters shelf, by the way :wink:

Thanks man! Yea I know, I know, I need an entertainment center and a bigger TV. haha With these X-Plus releases coming out this frequently, not sure when that'll be. Cool, I'll look into those shelves at Lowes but not really using that 2nd desk w/ the X-Plus boxes so it could remain for the time being.

Speaking of Trendmasters, I've been buying in impulse and expanding the TM collection. Picked up the 40th Anniversary set (that my dad wouldn't get me back then), and waiting on the Doom Island Space Godzilla repaint. Inquired about a Varan but no reply yet, and might also pick up the Doom Island Mecha-King Ghidorah vs Dinosaurs.

VaranMaster58 wrote: How long has it been in the making?
Thanks man, it started when I got my first part time job in middle school and has grown since. So it's been almost 2 decades now? The collection came full circle when I started working full time.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey!!!!! Collection is certainly coming along! How would one, say me, get into your will? I promise I won't kill you or anything.......soon.

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
GForever offline

by GForever » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey Jonathan! Nice to have you back!! Yep the collection is still growing strong. haha My will huh? I was hoping to have an Egyptian like tomb built with my collection surrounding my remains. Just kidding. haha The collection deserves to live on with another true G-Fan.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:08 am

Some new stuff I acquired this month... got a little Trendmasters craze. First up, the 40th Anniversary set. I had this at one point but had to return it when I was a kid... Yea my dad couldn't buy toys for me.... so after a few years, I worked in middle school to save up. Can't believe it's been almost 18 years ago but now I got the set back!

Doom Island Space Godzilla, Varan, and Super Charged Godzilla joins the Doom Island Godzilla, Megalon, & Baragon figures!

Love the paint job on Space Godzilla. The Varan, Megalon, & Baragon paint job is a little funky. I'd be interested in seeing the differences between the G-Wars series in person someday. The Godzilla paint job is interesting with different shades of Green. My super charged G looks the same but is looking at you inside the package instead of looking straight.... Is this a super rare item and I should leave it in the package untouched? hehe

New X-Plus 30cm Kumonga & 25cm King Caesar just in! Both internet exclusives! (Damn that spider box gives me the creeps....)

Oh lookie, a new Godzilla trademark sticker! Looks like they got replaced the Marvel Godzilla with a G'62.

Kumonga is huge!!!

Web exclusive includes the Dead Kamacuras base

Got to say, other than the Giant Sea Louse and the Meganuron'56, Kumonga is probably the scariest monster I have in my collection....

Web exclusive includes the King Caesar statue and the straight up interchangeable ears as well as the drooping ears

Oh and I picked up these Bandai USA Fusion figures awhile back. Probably forgot to snap a photo. Got the clear Mecha-Godzilla from Kaiju King recently. Neat but nothing that screams OMG yet.... Looking forward to wave 7 with the new King Caesar (is this KC year?) and the Chibi 6 pack. Alright running out of room again... where to put them & where to put those X-Plus boxes?

Just for fun, Destroy All Monsters: Where is King Ghidorah???

Son of Godzilla
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:24 am

Love the new pictures, man! And that TM shelf, especially ;)

Where the hell is that XP Ghidorah? It's been years without even a hint of one. What the hell is up?
GForever offline

by GForever » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks man. Got into the TM craze over the summer. Got a few more Bandai Creation pieces the other day. I'll get some pics up.
Beats me on King Ghidorah. I think they are holding back to give us a major shocker!
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
GForever offline

by GForever » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:22 am

So I was originally getting Crimson Typhoon and the Bluray on release date. Then saw the other figures and splurged.... I think I've donated enough to the Pacific Rim project. haha
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0