Bandai Creation Series (USA)

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

Bandai Creation Series (USA)

by GForever » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:48 am

A brief background on Bandai Creation and their Godzilla Series.
Bandai Creation still lives. As you may know, this small division with our favorite toy company started producing a few new Godzilla figures, box sets, and DX figures for the past few years. These figures gives many fans something new to collect and provide the opportunity for non-collectors to own something Godzilla. If you have children, these would be perfect figures to let them play without the worry of damaging the figures as these are easily accessible to buy a replacement at KB toys, KMart, ToysRus, and CVS. Unfortunately KB Toys went out of business as they were the ones where G-figs first showed up and they usually stock up on lots of these figs. Surprisingly BC is still producing a Godzilla line after all these years and they just appear out of nowhere without announcement.

Here are the items that they have produced:
Series 1:
6.5" Figures
Godzilla 1954
Burning Godzilla
Gigan
Rainbow Mothra
Box Sets:
Pack of Destruction (Godzilla'54, Burning Godzilla, Manda, Destoroyah (Final), Destoroyah (Aggregate), Mothra Imago'96 (Adult), Mothra Leo Larva), Minya, Gigan, Moguera,
Crumble Zone (GMK Godzilla, GMK Ghidorah, GMK Mothra Adult & Larva, GMK Baragon, with City and buildings)

Series 2:
6.5" Figures
Godzilla 2001 (GMK)
King Ghidorah 2001 (GMK)
Space Godzilla
Mecha-Godzilla'93

Series 3
7" figures
Godzilla 2004 (GFW)
Rodan 2004 (GFW)
Anguirus 2004 (GFW)
Gigan 2004 (GFW)

Series 4
7" figures
Godzilla Millennium (2000)
Godzilla 1968
Hedorah

12" DX Figures
Godzilla (Final Wars)
Mecha-Godzilla (2003)

Series 5
7" figures
First Godzilla (new sculpt of G'54)
Mecha-Godzilla (1974)
Godzilla Millennium (2000)
Godzilla 1968
Hedorah
Destoroyah (Final)
Anguirus 2004 (GFW)

12" DX Figures
Gigan (Final Wars)
Godzilla (Final Wars)
Mecha-Godzilla (2003)

This time around was a surprise and came earlier than expected. The first siting of the new Mecha-Godzilla'74 and Godzilla'54 was last week. After a weeks wait, my ToysRus finally got a new batch of Goji figs and had the 2 new figs! MG74 is the more popular fig as there was only 1 left and I'm so glad I nabbed it. I was thinking of getting a few extra G54s but ToysRus is more expensive than the rip KB....

Both figs have lots or articulation and not bad especially for the price. The MG74 pose looked weird at first but I think it resembles a scene w/ his roar taunt before firing his finger missiles (The image on my mind is TOMG though...) or the scene where he shoots all weapons in different directions (Right Finger, knee, and toe Missiles at G, eye laser at KC, and left finger missiles towards the screen and onto the houses).

As for G'54, not bad on the side view. When looking at the front view, G really put on a lot of weight....

Anyways, enjoy the group pics below. Some pics are a little blurry. I'm not feeling well today so these are quick shots...

Off topic, I haven't been to a ToysRus in years! I saw original 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles figs as well as Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (Ryuki) figures. Cool stuff!
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
Ghido-Goji offline
Club Tokyo Username: Ghido-Goji

Re: Bandai Creation Series (USA)

by Ghido-Goji » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:20 pm

As I said on Club Tokyo, the 1974 looks even better to me now. I was definitely going to get it, but after seeing a YouTube video and your pictures, I'm eagerly awaiting when it becomes mine. The '54 is also growing on me. I had doubts on getting it, but it can't hurt to have a different version of it since I have like 6 versions of the 6 inch Bandai figure and the first Bandai Creation one is so similar to those. Glad you got those two!

By the way, what's the awesome figure behind the first Bandai Creation figure in the last picture?
GForever offline

by GForever » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 am

YEA those are awesome figs especially coming from Bandai Creation. The MG'74 is very detailed while the G'54 is just cool to have. Glad I cleared out doubts that people had on the figs. I had doubts myself but I support Bandai for their efforts and am glad that they didn't let us down this time. The people on CL/MZ jump to conclusions too quick. They really should see the figure first before pre-judging how crappy it is. Surely the MG'74 is a really nice fig. The G'54 people can try to bash but I even so it's still a nice fig.

In the last pic, that's the 7.5" Kayodo G'54 released as a figure by Toho Eiga (not sure if these were sold at Toho theaters at one point). Clubtokyo reported that this and the other Toho Eiga figs were bootlegs but I'm not 100% sure if that's a fact cause each fig has a gold Godzilla sticker plus they had a plastic badge on their foot with the copyright info. The new Bandai Creation kinda reminded me of the Kaiyodo G54 when I first saw it.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
VaranMaster58 offline
Toho Kingdom Username: Varan58

by VaranMaster58 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm

I new this would be a great wave since it was first released. Unfortunately I checked by a store that usually has a bunch of BCs, only to find that they had none. :cry:

By the way, have there been any sightings of Gigan?
I've made a huge mistake.
Ghido-Goji offline

by Ghido-Goji » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:10 am

GForever wrote:The people on CL/MZ jump to conclusions too quick. They really should see the figure first before pre-judging how crappy it is.

Good lord, I know. It's just ridiculous. I'm a firm believer that you should see a figure in person before you decide on its quality. While this is often difficult to do because it's not like Godzilla figures are common in American retail establishments, but there's always G-Fest. But that's when seeing multiple pictures of a figure comes in handy.

GForever wrote:In the last pic, that's the 7.5" Kayodo G'54 released as a figure by Toho Eiga (not sure if these were sold at Toho theaters at one point). Clubtokyo reported that this and the other Toho Eiga figs were bootlegs but I'm not 100% sure if that's a fact cause each fig has a gold Godzilla sticker plus they had a plastic badge on their foot with the copyright info. The new Bandai Creation kinda reminded me of the Kaiyodo G54 when I first saw it.

Aha, I figured that's what the figure was. Man, it looks way better in those pictures than I've seen it before. In the angle in your last picture, that is the 1954 GODZILLA, no doubt about it! That's the best version of I've ever seen. I just wish I could find a dealer with it. Chibi Goji Toys used to have it but I don't see it on their site anymore.

VaranMaster58 wrote:By the way, have there been any sightings of Gigan?

I haven't heard of any, Jackson. Oh, and how have you been doing? I haven't chatted with you in a while. :-D
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Ghido-Goji wrote:I haven't heard of any, Jackson. Oh, and how have you been doing? I haven't chatted with you in a while. :-D

I'm doing alright. I haven't really gotten the chance to post in a while, but I'm starting to get back into it. No new figures to report, though.
SarahJack801 offline

by SarahJack801 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks for the information shared here about the Godzilla series. Interesting info. I too have heard lot about Godzilla through Movies and series.
Godzilla91 offline

by Godzilla91 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Any rumors on upcoming series?
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:59 am

None yet, but considering how happy fans were with the three new figures, I would expect an announcement by the end of the year or early 2011. If not, then BC will probably wait until closer to 2012, when I can pretty much assure you more figures will be produced.
dustman offline

by dustman » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 pm

just a heads up. i found a new series at toysrus. it had space godzilla, final wars gigan and gmk godzilla. i bought sg, and gigan and i'm going to go back for gmk godzilla who looks awesome(complete with white eyes).
GForever offline

by GForever » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:21 pm

OH interesting, sounds like BC is re-releasing the older figs? Looks like they're taking a page from Bandai Japan.... We want new figs BC.....
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Wow. Re-releasing them again?? Better than nothing I guess since I never got the SG and GMK now is as good a time as ever.

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
dustman offline

by dustman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:34 am

i missed out on a lot so, i was excited to see these. they had final wars godzilla but the paint was so bad, i won't buy it(white overspray over his whole back). still haven't found mothra though. :(
i'm hoping they re-release mecha godzilla and rodan and make some new ones.
Ghido-Goji offline

by Ghido-Goji » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 pm

So, is the GMK Godzilla definitely a re-release and not a new sculpt?
dustman offline

by dustman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 pm

finally went back and picked up the gmk godzilla. not sure if it's a re-release or not, but i like it. it's perfectly scaled with godzilla 54. still no sign of mothra though :( i hope they do some more releases soon.
GForever offline

by GForever » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:16 pm

dustman wrote:finally went back and picked up the gmk godzilla. not sure if it's a re-release or not, but i like it. it's perfectly scaled with godzilla 54. still no sign of mothra though :( i hope they do some more releases soon.

Most likely a re-issue. Could you post a picture for us dustman? Thanks.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
dustman offline

by dustman » Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

what's the best way to link pics?
GForever offline

by GForever » Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

dustman wrote:what's the best way to link pics?

Photobucket.com or imageshack.us are good sites. You can then use the image tags. Our site also has an upload attachments section and once uploaded, you can use the place inline option. Thanks.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
luluxiu offline

by luluxiu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Looks better than I have seen those pictures way better. The last photo in your point of view, that is, 1954, "Godzilla, there is no doubt! This is the best version I've seen and I only hope I can find a dealer with it.
Pay more attention at leather pumps sandals 2012 then you will feel surprise with the special design. High quality and Sexy Party Dress Heels shoes at CWMALLS.com
arigatou offline

by arigatou » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 am

The final war Godzilla, but the paint was so bad, I would not buy it. Still have not found Mothra though.