New Y-MSF figures!

Discuss the all the collectibles from rarest to latest!
VaranMaster58 offline
Toho Kingdom Username: Varan58

New Y-MSF figures!

by VaranMaster58 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm

For the first time since 2006, new Y-MSF figures will be avalible next month. They are a new and improved Megalon, and......KUMONGA!

Here are some images of the prototypes:

Also, two mini-figures will be released as well, Jet Jaguar (in flying mode) and Hedorah.

Of course, I still need to pick up the 1965 Godzilla. Wow, I've put that off for WAY too long.

(Is there any way to make these images smaller? They're kinda stretching the page a bit too much).
I've made a huge mistake.
VaranMaster58 offline

Re: New Y-MSF figures!

by VaranMaster58 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:31 am

Tempting Toys has just announced that Y-MSF will be bringing us even more figures in the near future. They are: Kamacuras 1967 and Rodan 1964!

They will also be releasing two more mini figures, Mothra Larva and Rodan Hatchling:

EDIT: Just checked the Y-MSF website to see if they had any other info on the figures, and I found the following monsters under "coming soon" (some of which even had prototype photos):

-Fake Godzilla
-Gorosaurus*
-King Ghidorah 1964
-Godzilla 1971*
-Biollante
-Godzilla 1973*
-Gigan 1972*
-Godzilla 1989*
-Manda 1963
-Anguirus 1968
-Godzilla 1969*
-Ebirah
-Sanda*
-Gaira*
-Hedorah II (probably a re-paint)
-King Caesar
-Godzilla 1984
-Mechagodzilla
-Mechagodzilla II

(figures with * next to them means that a prototype photo can be seen on the site).

http://y-msf.com/topm.html
howze01 offline
Club Tokyo Username: howze01
Toho Kingdom Username: howze01

by howze01 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 pm

YMSF Gorosaurus??!! Very cool indeed. Alot of the protos looked very good. Now if they would just make them, that would be great. I'm not holding my breath though.

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:59 pm

^Yeah, many of those figures have been listed under "coming soon" for a while now (for example, I believe the Gargantua protos have been news since 2007), so I'm not really holding my breath on all of them either. Still, I thought that since Y-MSF has finally gotten around to releasing some more figures recently, there is probably hope for at least some of them.
Ghido-Goji offline
Club Tokyo Username: Ghido-Goji

by Ghido-Goji » Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I've seen the Kamacuras and Rodan on Tempting Toys' Facebook site and they're absolutely amazing. Their version of Kamacuras is 100x better than the Bandai version and the Rodan (both flying and standing version) are amazing. I was very happy to see that someone is actually going to make a "Destroy All Monsters" Rodan, let alone one that's very realistic. I also like their Hedorah. The one they're designing is the most realistic incarnation I've ever seen of the sludge monster. It perfectly depicts how tall the creature really was, something the first Y-MSF and both Bandai figures don't do very well. The mini figures look neat, as well!

The others that are under construction are amazing. All the different Godzillas, especially the ones we haven't seen before from Bandai will be mine eventually. I can't wait to see their '84, but I don't think their '89 looks very accurate. Perhaps it's just the picture? The Gorosaurus and '74 Godzilla both also don't look very good. Hopefully they fix them before they're released to us. I'm excited to see what their MechaGodzilla figures will look like, especially after Bandai Creation's latest figure. I sure hope their Showa Ghidorah will be what we all hope it will be, something we've hoped from Bandai for quite some time.

With the eventual addition of all these figures, my Showa shelf will be much more full.
VaranMaster58 offline

by VaranMaster58 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Ghido-Goji wrote:I can't wait to see their '84, but I don't think their '89 looks very accurate. Perhaps it's just the picture?

Personally, I really like the look of the thing. I know it's not 100% accurate, but I think it looks great nonetheless.

The Gorosaurus and '74 Godzilla both also don't look very good. Hopefully they fix them before they're released to us.

I agree. Does anyone else think the Gorosaurus looks like it's made of sand or something? I mean, it's not the best picture, but it still looks odd. The '73 Godzilla also looks kind of strange, but at least we might finally be getting a figure of that particular Godzilla incarnation. The '69 Godzilla also looks inaccurate. I'm surprised they didn't just modify the '71 Godzilla prototype.

But anyway, I am still very excited to see Y-MSF finally getting some of these figures out. I'm especially looking the Gargantuas, Rodan 1964, Godzilla 1973 and Ebirah, since Bandai has yet to release those guys.

EDIT: I just looked at the Godzilla '71 figure again, and it appears to be battle damaged! :eek:
wildbill20004 offline

by wildbill20004 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:55 am

I have some Godzilla figures for sale,can I post them here,couldnt find an email address
howze01 offline

by howze01 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:47 am

Hi wildbill. Are you the same wildbill I know from flickr? Same username so it's a pretty good chance you are. Anyway, if you have things to sell, there is a forum under the collectibles section for that. Here is a link to it: viewforum.php?f=16

Hope that helps!

My ever-evolving collection can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/howzes_pics/
GForever offline
Club Tokyo Username: gforever

by GForever » Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Wow, looks like I need to start picking up these YMSF figures. Anyone know where I can get Manda?
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
howze01 offline

by howze01 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:46 pm

I think your best bet for mandais ebay. its been sold out for a long time pretty much every where elae.

Crimson_Raptor offline

by Crimson_Raptor » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:08 am

VaranMaster58 wrote:Just checked the Y-MSF website to see if they had any other info on the figures, and I found the following monsters under "coming soon" (some of which even had prototype photos):

-Godzilla 1989*

:eek:
I think I finally found a YMSF figure that is up to my tastes in detail and it is the Godzilla '89.
I am speachless, hate to pay $50 for what appear to be a 6 inch figure but it's looks great!

http://y-msf.com/01godzilla/g19%20bio-gozi.html

*drools*
"Reach for the high apples first; you can get the low ones any time."
GForever offline

by GForever » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 am

Did Y-MSF ever go forward with the Kamacuras, flying Rodan, Mothra larvas, and the baby Rodan? Man I feel outdated...
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
CreatureHuntGuy offline

by CreatureHuntGuy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 am

I've always been a bit torn on the YMSF guys. They look great and all, but I've always been a hard-core bandai person myself. But if they come through with that Anguirus, then I might just have to indulge!
GForever offline

by GForever » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

I saw some pics of the new paint job on Manda but still no news of it being released. I probably will pick up the Kumonga and Gabara if I can find them.
<G-FoReVeR>
GFOREVER Ver 4.0
luluxiu offline

by luluxiu » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I am pleased to see that in fact it was to "destroy all the monsters," Rodin, let alone a reality. I also like their Hedorah. Their design is the embodiment of one of the most realistic I have seen the sludge monster.
Pay more attention at leather pumps sandals 2012 then you will feel surprise with the special design. High quality and Sexy Party Dress Heels shoes at CWMALLS.com
Ghido-Goji offline
Club Tokyo Username: Ghido-Goji

by Ghido-Goji » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:15 am

GForever wrote:I saw some pics of the new paint job on Manda but still no news of it being released. I probably will pick up the Kumonga and Gabara if I can find them.

Quite late but I wanted to let you know that I came across Tempting Toys and it has both the Manda, Kumonga, and Gabara:

http://temptingcollectibles.com/product ... gure-p-294
http://temptingcollectibles.com/product ... igure-p-34
http://temptingcollectibles.com/product ... uded-p-397
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for the update. I like the new Gabara, just not his price.
CreatureHuntGuy offline

by CreatureHuntGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh awesome! I forgot ymsf made kumonga! Definitely on my bucket list!
Motumoyo offline

by Motumoyo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 am

A lot of photos looks very good. Now, if they just want to let them, it would be great.
You’ll never know that a bottle of water can also become a change point of Women leather shoes, those things are so difficult to clean Women pumps shoes, just keep cleaning!
Hesei offline
Administrator

by Hesei » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:20 am

Not really a fan of the new Manda paint job, byt the Gabora is oddly intriguing...